August 26, 2016 – California
Today, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern district of California, Judge Dana Sabraw, denied the preliminary injunction to halt the implementation of SB277 and allow children who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated to attend private and public school. In an order that he wrote today he said that state legislatures have, “a long history of requiring children to be vaccinated as a condition to school enrollment, and for as many years, both state and federal courts have upheld those requirements against constitutional challenge.” SD
The lawyers representing the plaintiffs in this case spoke at length after the hearing 2 weeks ago in San Diego. They said that if this injunction was denied, which they suspected might end up being the case, they would be prepared take it to the 9th Circuit Court of appeals.
Plaintiffs’ attorney Kim Mack Rosenberg stated, “While we are disappointed that SB277 will continue to adversely impact so many California children and their families, we will not stop our efforts to have the law declared unconstitutional. Plaintiffs contend that there are fundamental legal and procedural problems with SB277 and we intend to appeal this decision. All children in California deserve to receive the education that is their guaranteed right under the California Constitution.”
Education 4 all, along with 20 other individual and non-profit organization plaintiffs filed suit against various defendants including the California Departments of Health and Education, alleging that SB 277 is unconstitutional.
Here are steps that you can take:
- Stay positive – Do not lose hope. Lean into each other.
- Carry the message. We are on the leading edge of changing history. We live in a vaccine centric society and we are bringing truth to people who have entrenched beliefs about vaccines. We are raising consciousness about the risks of vaccines and the constititional rights for informed consent and parental rights.
- Stay in touch with your representatives. findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/
Go to events, coffee meetings, strike up conversations, get to know them and let them see you at their events.
- Find out who is up for re-election.
- Attend neighborhood councils and school board meetings – get to know the people on the board.
- Get involved – run for office or position in local or state
- If you have any trouble with the school administration denying your medical exemption, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you must vaccinate, strengthen your child’s immune system. Have them enter school on conditional entry.
- Pay close attention to your child’s responses. If there is vaccine injury, submit this form to VAERS – Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.
- Upload any vaccine injury stories with video and/or picture to www.VaccineInjuryIsReal.com. Send a duplicate to Vaxxed
- Stay connected to your Health Freedom Movement warriors. Learn to work together.
- Know that you are not alone. Think suffragettes, civil rights, women’s rights, gay rights, transgender rights, reproductive rights and we’re right there.
- Attend the Universal Prayer and Possibility calls on Sunday nights, 6pm.
- Million Mamas Movement has Vaxxed bumper stickers that Ruth Eischens created. Contact email@example.com and we’ll send them to you.
I’ve heard Andy Wakefield say, “truth will prevail” and today Del Bigtree said, “the world is watching.” Keep going. We are Pioneers of the Possible. Together we #RISE!
Make sure that you are on the Million Mamas Movement email list so that you will receive our newsletters and blogs.