12 Steps to take if you are birthing your baby in a hospital and don’t want them vaccinated —
- Hire a doula or have a birth advocate with you at the hospital who supports your wishes not to vaccinate your newborn baby
- Labor at home for as long as possible before going to the hospital
- Tell the Dr. that you want the umbilical cord to stop pulsing before cutting it (better for baby)
- Write down your birth plan, have your doctor sign it, have it put on file (suggestion per The Mom Street Journal)
- Make a copy of the signed birth plan and have your birth advocate have it at the hospital
- Be firm about your No to erythromycin eye ointment, Vit K and Hep B shots
- DO NOT let the nurses take your baby away from you at any time
- Make sure that your partner or birth advocate goes wherever the baby goes
- If you don’t co-sleep with the baby, make sure that your partner or birth advocate is with the baby when you’re sleeping
- Have a lactation consultant help you with breastfeeding, if needed, rather than bottlefeeding
- Stay strong — you might be pressured by the nursing staff to give your baby the Hep B shot
- Breathe – when you’re this clear, you got this!
Congratulations! Enjoy your sweet baby and the grandest adventure in love!
Get Involved. Stay Involved.
Make sure that you’re signed up to receive our blogs and newsletters.
Million Mamas Movement
Contact her directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy Silvers (see all)
- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr and Robert DeNiro host February 15 Press Conference at National Press Club - February 14, 2017
- Place the Oxygen Mask on your face first - January 29, 2017
- And Still I Rise - January 27, 2017